[AMPS] AMERITRON AL80A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AMERITRON AL80A
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:05:53 +0100
Dave said:

>>>The lack of sufficient inductance in the filament choke caused the tube
>>>to dissipate too much heat in the anode even when at idle.

>I wonder why the anode always had a dull red glow to it even when idling?

If the inductance was insufficient, Dave, why should it affect the DC
conditions?
If the rewound choke had higher RESISTANCE, then it could caused increased bias
- and lower filament voltage, which would cut tube dissipation ( lower
emission). That's nothing to do with inductance, though.

I think you'll find 3-500s glow red at quite low dissipations.

73

Peter G3RZP