[AMPS] B&W Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] B&W Choke
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:48:42 -0400
> Without digging out the old Knight kit GDO, does anyone know for certain
> the series resonance of the B&W 802 choke. I know the 800 was resonant
> around 24-25 Mhz , but not sure of the 802. Any help out there ?? Ed W3NR

Remember Ed the series resonance is a function of the series
inductance to some point in the coil and the capacitance from that
point to the rest of the world around the choke.

The spacing of the choke to things around the choke, especially
large pieces of sheet metal, can move the series resonant
frequency quite a bit at times.

The lowest series-resonant frequency is normally from the choke
winding middle area to the outside world (or the choke ends).

It's always best to measure the choke in the actual location where
you are using it, or some fixture that duplicates that area.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com