[AMPS] start

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] start
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:55:29 -0400
> I had a power transformer with all the secondaries together ( including
> filaments) for a tetrode (4CX400). Can I put all voltages in the start,
> with screen in 0 volts, and 30 seconds later full voltage?

Juan,

It is always best to not have HV until the tube warms up, and
always HV on anode and bias before having screen voltage.

You can apply all voltages at one time with a MOX cathode tube,
but you must absolutely protect the tube from any cathode current
before the cathode is fully heated....or you will ruin the tube.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com