[AMPS] Re: Re: G2DAF Amps Circuit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Re: G2DAF Amps Circuit
From: John_Nelson@compuserve.com (John Nelson)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:36:14 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:Jan.E.Holm@telia.se

> Another example, a fellow with a FT1000MP sounded just awful due too much
gain (distortion and what not) so I told him about it and guess what he
told me.Yes he said " I am operating my radio acording to the manual so
that cant be" and he continued operating.<

I remember an occasion on 144MHz when a semi-local using an FT290 was very
distorted although not especially wide. When it was suggested that he might
try turning the mic gain down, his response was "I can't do that because it
means going inside the rig and that will invalidate the guarantee".

73 John
GW4FRX