[AMPS] G2DAF Circuit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] G2DAF Circuit
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:18:57 -0400
> Just as an information about my DAF amp, the screen voltage is derived by
> a voltage quadrupler circuit, not a voltage doubler. Screen voltage on
> peaks at maximum screen current is around 650 volts, a good value for my
> QBL 5/3500 tube. The RF input is across a 200 ohm resistor and I use tuned
> input circuits for all bands presenting a steady load to the exciter at
> all power levels.
>
> Detailed pictures can be seen at www.qsl.net/sm2cew and there is a link
> there to SM3BDZ's webpage with all the plots he made when he put his amp
> on the test bench.
>
> Ciao,
> Peter SM2CEW

A schematic is worth 1000 pictures. Is it grid driven? Does it have
grid bias? What is the screen current? Drive power?

When you measured SSB bandwidth, how many sweeps were
used for the peak? I assume the analyzer was set for peak holding
and not the average of the sweeps?

The web pages don't tell me much Peter.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com