[AMPS] Hi Power Connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Hi Power Connectors
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:56:39 -0500
At 12:25 PM -0500 2000/11/22, Peter Chadwick wrote:
>Chuck says:
>>The output connector on the Henry 8K Ultra (>>1kW), and the connectors on
>>Henry's 10-kW LPF, are type N.
>
>Are they OK on RTTY continuous duty at 1kW? Do they get warm at all under
>those
>conditions?

I don't know.  For test purposes I've run the 8K Ultra into a water-cooled
Bird load for several minutes at 3 kW, CW, and nothing happened, but it
didn't occur to me to feel the connectors.  (I felt the load, and its
waste-water.  They were cool.)  Next time I'll feel the Henry connectors.
However, FWIW, the Bird load is rated at 5 kW and also has a type N
connector.  You can find this load on the Bird web page.

-Chuck W1HIS