[AMPS] DRAKE L-4B bringing back to life !

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DRAKE L-4B bringing back to life !
From: krr2ak@juno.com (Jerry Devine)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:22:28 UTC

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:19:35 -0800 measures <2@vc.net> writes:

>>> Other than the normal high voltage pre-cautions and reforming of
>>> the caps, are there any other specifics I should look out for on
>>> the DRAKE L4-B.

>>The tubes. 3-500Z's often don't do well sitting for years. They tend
>>to gas up a bit, and may flash over when powered up.

>story time

Rumor has it this only occurs after thanksgiving dinner and encompasses
all glass enveloped tubes not just the 3-500z. Therefore all glass tubes
should be replaced yearly.  This is exactly why all TV sets are sold at
reduced prices during this time of year. They know they are gassied up
abit
from sitting around a year unused.  Computer users have known for years
that
monitors are replaced every year because of the gas problem here it is
readily noticed by a reduction in bright commentary on the internet.
Contrary
to popular belief this is not related to the chemical break down in the
body of ethanol or other controlled substances... They are all just gassy
too!

With that said there is a new service policy concerning all services on
amps with glass enveloped  active devices.  If they come in before
thanks-
giving we have to fix them. If after thanksgiving we simply sell the new
active devices and then fix them.  This applies for six months after the
new year so we can make as profit before fiscal end.

Thanks for your interest and query in this matter.

73,    Jerry                                     krr2ak@juno.com
[text|uuencode|59kb ea]
        'Y2K ?   Because 1k is 3 decibels down in amplitude. 9991 krr2ak'

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.