[AMPS] DRAKE L-4B bringing back to life !

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DRAKE L-4B bringing back to life !
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:53:29 -0500
I wrote:

> In spite of Mr. Devine's attempt to portray the above as untrue, I can
> attest from one personal experience that it does indeed happen.  I put a
> SB-1000 in storage in '94 while it was working perfectly, and when
> powering it up in '00, the 3-500Z was so gassy it instantly blew the mains
> fuse.
>
> Comments, Mr. Devine?

I think he was being egged-on by someone else Bill.

I'm sure most of the people on this reflector know that some
transmitting tubes, especially glass tubes with large seal areas
where leads enter the tube,  do tend to gas-up when sitting unused.

Since that fact ruins part of the great parasitic theory, you can
expect someone to attempt to bury the truth through childish
comments.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com