SV: [AMPS] SB-220 Glitch Resistor ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] SB-220 Glitch Resistor ???
From: Wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William Fuqua)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:15:33 -0500
I was thinking that perhaps a simpler approach would be to have a glitch
resistor of low wattage (in B+ line) such that if you had an arc over in
the tube the resistor would quickly self destruct. If the resistor was
placed inside of a well grounded copper pipe the plasma produced would
almost instantly dump the B+ straight to ground.  Obviously you would have
to replace the resistor but perhaps it would save the expensive power tube.
The copper pipe would also catch most of the resistors shrapnel as well. HI
HI HI
    What do you think?

73
Bill wa4lav