[AMPS] AL-1200 Blower

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-1200 Blower
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger P)
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:08:00
In my h/b amplifier I use ex military DOD-006 tubes .... These have a
thermostatic switch mounted at the tube base and are wired to shut things
down if the base exceeds (if I remember correctly) 150C. This would be
relatively easy to do on many tubes, and avoids the HV problems.

Alternatively, it should be fairly simple to fit a thermistor in the airflow
from the anodes without getting too close to the HV.

73 Roger
VE3ZI

(For those that may wonder, the DOD-006 is a version of the 7213, but with
heavy leads coming out to a base. They were very cheap. I understand that
the tubes were removed from a jammer transmitter which always struck me as
being rather appropriate!)

To: <amps@contesting.com>