[AMPS] SB-220 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Problem
From: ITR@Nanoteq.co.za (Ian Roberts)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 12:03:34 +0200
Pat, according to my recent similar experiences, the band switch is now
intermittent and making poor contact, probably due to old age, and is
about to fail...
The variable does tend to arc under these conditions - in fact the SB220
might now be arcing in both places but not simultaneously.

The fellow at juno.com wants $35 for selected/new replacement bandswitches.

Cheers,
Ian ZS6BTE