[AMPS] SB-220 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Problem
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:44:48 -0800

>Pat, according to my recent similar experiences, the band switch is now
>intermittent and making poor contact, probably due to old age, and is
>about to fail...

If the 80m Load padder contacts arced, chances are that there was an
intermittent parasite c. 110Mz.

>The variable does tend to arc under these conditions - in fact the SB220
>might now be arcing in both places but not simultaneously.
>
>The fellow at juno.com wants $35 for selected/new replacement bandswitches.

35 dollars is good deal for a very scarce item.  To decrease bandswitch
arcing, reduce the Rp of the parasitic suppressors.  See Fig. 26 on my
Web site.  It is also helpful to decrease the spacing of the first rotor
plate on the Tune-C.

Cheers,  Ian

end