[AMPS] Eimac - Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac - Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 08:52:05 -0800
Ian said:

"My point is that it's wrong to attribute personal blame. We don't know
who was responsible for demanding that C&F be updated on the cheap with
no significant budget, but I'll bet it wasn't the unfortunate project
manager.

What I think is very wrong is to take this as an opportunity to publicly
attack one person within the company, in an attempt to settle an old
score. "

It is very easy to fault others for not meeting our standard of perfection.
As an owner of a company which has a website that is not entirely in
completion, I understand how easy it is to end up there.

We created a website.  To make it useful and interesting, I specified
additional information to be available.  One year later, the essential stuff
is done, but the non-essential is not completed.  The problem is that I do
not have the time nor energy to complete the additional information.  And,
our employees are all busy doing essential things.  We have even tried to
get others to complete the unfinished portion - but we end up spending more
time and energy giving them the essential information, that takes more time
than doing it ourselves.

Like most businesses, we are spending most of our energy and resources
trying to make a profit and generating a return for the energy expended.  We
should probably remove the unused portion - but we intend to complete it and
know once it is removed, it will never be completed.

Actually, the fact that Eimac cannot get their website completed makes me
feel better, since they are a bigger company than mine.

I hope no one calls me a fool for not completing my website.

73,  Colin  K7FM