[AMPS] Re:WTB FIL XFMR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:WTB FIL XFMR
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:02:12 -0500
At 8:17 PM -0500 2001/1/28, measures wrote:
>... not with the Class AB1 amplifiers I constructed.  In Class A,
>anode-I never cuts off during during transmit.  In AB1, anode-I cuts off
>on each cycle as the grid is driven negative.

We agree that in Class A, plate current never cuts off; and that in Class
AB, plate current cuts off on the decreasing plate-current peaks (which
correspond to the decreasing grid-voltage peaks).  AB or AB1 or AB2, this
is true.

All I'm saying is that if your amplifier has been biased for AB operation
and you want to change its operation to Class A and get the maximum
possible power out, you need to change the bias to increase the quiescent
current.

Yes?  -Chuck W1HIS