[AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:48:21 -0000
Tom said:

>Oh sure! Let the guy use his handy $25 dollar VOM to set voltage!

have you looked at the accuracy of these cheap digital voltmeters? The ones I've
seen were remarkably good...with no RF around.

        >I've seen six cases of low cathode emission in the
        >past 18 years in  8877's. In five of those cases,
        >the filament systems were modified  to reduce voltage
        > and they missed by a few percent.

can you prove it was that? Did it repeat on the replacements?

As a percentage of the number of 8877s made, that must be miniscule.

Just to stir things up, what percentage of 8877s made
(not just in ham gear) have failed because of parasitics?

73

Peter G3RZP