[AMPS] runaway amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] runaway amp.
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:21:04 -0800
I was working on a similar problem in an old vacuum tube radio during my
lunch hour many years ago. I had a signal on the grid,proper voltages on
the electrodes, and no output with a good tube. I was measuring at the
socket terminals. An experienced technician friend suggested that maybe
the socket contact had lost its spring action and was not actually
making contact with the tube pin. He proved to be right. Never overlook
the possibility that a tube or connector pin has no continuity to its
mating part.
73, Dan, N5AR