[AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:49:48 +0100
The problem of suppressors becomes a deal when the VHF parasitic is enough
close to the operating frequency of the amplifier.
When the ipotetical VHF parasitic happens very off the HF range, let's say
UHF as it is with most modern ceramic triodes, any suppressor or even no
suppressors work fine.
When the suppressor has to be effective not very much off the operating
frequency one has to realize that, or the stability won't be 100% achieved,
or some power will be lost in the highest bands.
Incidentally, at the operating frequency (i.e. 10m) the lost power by wire
ohmic resistance could be exactly the same lost in a suppressor with
resistor, if the inductance is the same.
To compare a classic suppressor with one using a resistive wire it's enough
to transform the parallel resistance (shunt) to its series equivalent.

73,
Mauri I4JMY