[AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:37:03 -0500
> My guess is that Thomas Edison Ogden isn't aware that "CIRCULATING
> CURRENT'" does NOT flow through the tube and is NOT present on the
> anode contrary to what is stated in his post above.  Since it is not
> present on the anode of the tube, the parasitic suppressor does not
> see it either.

Despite your pointed insult to Jon and his abilities, you are the one
who is incorrect Dave.

The anode-to-grid capacitance of a 3-500Z is about 5pF. About
1100 ohms on ten meters.

With a tank-voltage swing of 2500 volts RMS, that is about 2.3
amperes of circulating current in each anode lead. To that we
would add the time-varying current, which although less is still
appreciable.

The resistors are very much in the path of circulating currents.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com