[AMPS] 4-1000A Project

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-1000A Project
From: k1ta@contesting.com (Bob Marston)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:51:28 -0700
Jon Ogden said:

> STAY AWAY from the B&W 801 switch assembly.  Lots of guys and old assembly
> diagrams say it is for the 4-1000.  It's not  I used it and wish I didn't.

Hmmmmmmm  the B&W 800 and 802 are plate chokes  The tank coil assemblies
that include a band switch that were manufactured by B&W are the 850 and
852. Seems to me I recall a couple of years ago that someone queried the
list this matter and I pointed out the 850 was designed to be used for a
plate impedance one would expect to find with approximately 6kv and the 852
was set up for approx 3 kv. Then you jumped on the list in your normal half
cocked fashion crowing about how YOU got the 850 to work at the lower voltage.

Now you say that you wished you had not used it. WELL which is it Jon ????
Were you wrong then or are you wrong now ?