[AMPS] Zener screen supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Zener screen supplies
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:39:46 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Chadwick <Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com>
To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 17 April 2001 11:08
Subject: RE: [AMPS] Zener screen supplies

>Incidentally, whatever the advantages or disadvantages of using zener
diodes to
>regulate the screen, if you are going to drive an amp from a TS2000, it
wouldn't
>appear to matter what you do from the linearity viewpoint.
Yes, I noticed it was rubbish too. I wasn't impressed by the reviewer's lack
of criticism either.

Steve

PS thanks for all inputs on the oddball tube I had - thanks to Ken for
identifying it as a Xenon discharge projecter lamp. 8kV to start it, then
25ishV at 100ishA running. An interesting mix of vacuum and solid state
operating conditions.

PPS Ian - what's 1.0 earwigs in British Standard Craneflies?