[AMPS] Zener screen supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Zener screen supplies
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:54:54 -0700

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:13:22 -0700 measures <2@vc.net> writes:

>5w zeners are cheap enough.  I have never had a string short in a
>screen
>regulator.
>
>cheers
>
>-  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
>end

Hi Rich,
  Well, I've never had a string short either... mostly because I've never
used that method.

  I do protect the screen cap, in the socket on my 4CX1500, with
varistors, since that part is worth more that the tube!   And my screen
regulator, which is similar to what is shown on Ian's webpage, has a
large enough R in the FET drain that it would also survive an... event.

  Neither of our personal experiences are particularly applicable to
Steve's original query as he has already ventured beyond... and toasted
said string.  :-)

73 & Good Evening,
  Marv  WC6W

*