[AMPS] blower

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] blower
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 14:00:32 -0500
At 10:54 AM 5/4/01 -0700, you wrote:

>>Rich, you keep bringing this up. The fact is that there are a lot of experts
>>on this reflector, and even though most of them don't say "I'm an expert"
>>they demonstrate their expertise by answering questions, posting pictures of
>>amps they've built, and engaging in (sometimes) helpful debate.
>>yourself an expert.
>>
>?  The only self-declared "recognized amplifier expert" on AMPS made the
>statement on p.72 of the September 1994 *QST*.  He also stated that the
>resistance of nichrome increases as frequency decreases.  (sic)

Rich.   I, too, am tired of hearing this- can you give me hard , verifiable
numbers about the change in resistance of Nichrome wire with frequency, in
the range of, say, 30 MHz to 200MHz? A reference will do, because if it's
from your measurements, I would have to have it verufied.
CAn you also give a real quotation of the reputed statement? I have known
you to be hasty and miss-interpret what you read.

Bill-W4BSG

>cheers, Doug
>
>-  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.

-