[AMPS] Self oscillation with homebrew 3-1000Z ????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Self oscillation with homebrew 3-1000Z ????
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 08:00:12 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Ogden <na9d@speakeasy.net>
To: W8JI@contesting.com <W8JI@contesting.com>; amps@contesting.com
<amps@contesting.com>; Steven Moore <wd0ct@networksplus.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 09 May 2001 02:29
Subject: Re: [AMPS] Self oscillation with homebrew 3-1000Z ????

snip
>Also, some people raised the question of terminating the input in 50 Ohms
>during an oscillation test.  I disagree.  To me, the worst case test of the
>stability of an amplifier is to test the amplifier on the bench with
nothing
>at all hooked to the input or output - both open circuits.

are designed to feed into 50ohms - they certainly don't look like 50 ohms if
you look backwards into the output connector, so a 50 ohm resistor will not
represent real life.

With tube driver, the situation might be worse than simple open circuit, as
there's the tuned circuit in the driver hooked up to the amplifier.

Steve