[AMPS] 4cx250* amp building plans

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4cx250* amp building plans
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 07:04:44 -0500
on 6/6/01 9:44 AM, 2 at 2@vc.net wrote:

>> /\  no.  the Collins 30S-1 is AB1 cathode driven.
>>
>> I'd forgotten that one. Not sure you can really call it grounded grid,
>> though,
>> since the grid is grounded through 220pF so that feedback can be applied.
>>
> /\  true, Peter, however the grid's RF potential is virtually 0v.

You're right, Rich.  I think the temptation is to look at it and since it's
not DC grounded, we don't (at least I don't) always see the AC ground right
away.

The term "grounded grid"  while accurate can be misleading.  When I first
started messing with amps, the idea of having grid current in a grounded
grid circuit messed with my mind!  "How can a grounded circuit really have
current flow through it? Ground is ground is ground." - Again thinking more
along the lines of DC.  Then you sit and think about it for a bit and you
realize that there's a whole lot more to it and it begins to make more
sense.

73,

Jon
NA9D