[AMPS] Label Stock for Laser Printers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Label Stock for Laser Printers
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:36:12 -0700

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:56:56 -0700 2 <2@vc.net> writes:

>>Does anyone know where I can get adhesive backed label stock
>>for laser printers. I am interested in both clear and white background
>>material with a durable gloss finish that won't pick up fingerprints,
etc
>>(e.g. address labels won't do). My main interest is in labelling
homebrew
>>equipment, antenna switches, etc, so the adhesive should be something
>>long lasting that resists lifting.
>>
>/\  3M corp. PP2500 Transparency Film for Copiers should work.
>However,
>in order to make the laser-printed writing resistant to abrasion, it
>needs to protected with a rectangle of clear adhesive tape.  If the
>rectangle of tape is slightly larger than the label, it will fasten the
>label in place.  Another fastening method is "super-glue".
>
>cheers, Mike
>
>-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
>end

  I was considering something along those lines for a little thing I just
built.

  To protect the lettering, I'm going to try printing it with mirrored
text on the "backside" of the clear material, so that when it is
installed the text will be viewed through the label.

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!