[AMPS] New 3cx800a7 and 4cx1600b Svetlanas

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] New 3cx800a7 and 4cx1600b Svetlanas
From: goblefam@swbell.net (paul goble)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:38:39 -0500
Frank, et.al.:

Measuring the GS-23B (4CX1600 equivalent?  Why isn't this tube called the
4CX1500 equivalent??) sitting in front of me with a set of Starret professional
calipers, I find the anode radiator to be 3.53+ inches in diameter.  Were you
perhaps thinking of the GU-74B (4CX800 equivalent?) with anode cooler diameter
at 2.8+ inches diameter?  These physical measurements would, by the way, seem
to agree with the "official" Russian specs and diagrams, copies of which can be
seen at http://www.nd2x.net/gs23b.html and http://www.nd2x.net/gu74b.html,
respectively.

I also took an 8877 out and measured it - as you say, anode radiator diameter =
3.34 inches, about 0.19 inches smaller than that of the GS-23B.

SO, I'm not sure what controversy might be growing here - it makes no sense to
me that a 4CX1600 would have an anode cooler with a diameter smaller than 3.34+
inches......

Thanks for bringing your concerns up!

73, Paul ND2X/5