[AMPS] Alert Update

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alert Update
From: w6ru@bak.rr.com (Terry Gaiser)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:08:25 -0700
Guys,

As I just mentioned to Will on the telephone I received this v-i-r-u-s from
W4FLA, "sherman@mscomputers,com" he was a dealer of Kachina radios and deals
in computers. This explains why other hams have received so fast. I though
Sherman was sending me a bunch of info on Force 12 antennas ... instead
SHERM THE WO*M was infecting my PC ..... if you read this attachment on
Force 12 antennas you have probably been infected.

FWIW ... yesterday shortly after reading his email and uploading some files
to another PC in my house I restarted "Zonealarm" and it immediately told me
that my PC was trying to connect to a mail server to run "Sircam32***" which
turned out to be this latest and greatest yopu know what.

Sorry for any trouble,
Terry W6RU