[AMPS] SB-220 cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 cooling
From: w8ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:23:18 -0400

> From: Measures
> >
> >All it takes is an unintentional "slip" during a contest (knock something
> >off an adjacent shelf).
>
> How does the something that falls touch the filter cap assy and
> simultaneously touch the contest operator?

As usual, when shown to be wrong you point in a different direction.
Without the case, lethal voltages are exposed in the SB-200.  If the
operator is careful, it is not a problem.  If the operator is sloppy,
the operator will wear a pine case ...

I can certainly see a spare pen/pencil falling into the (open) power
supply area of a SB-220 and an operator absentmindedly reaching for it
at 4 AM local the second night of a contest.

> What if lightning strikes the antenna?

Nothing, if the station is properly designed.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK