[AMPS] SB-220 cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 cooling
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:21:56 -0400
> > How does the something that falls touch the filter cap assy and
> > simultaneously touch the contest operator?
> >

> As usual, when shown to be wrong you point in a different direction.
> Without the case, lethal voltages are exposed in the SB-200.  If the
> operator is careful, it is not a problem.  If the operator is sloppy,
> the operator will wear a pine case ..

True example.

I was working on a HV supply with a resonant choke, and got the
choke on the low side or resonance. When I turned the supply on
with a meter attached, it blew a 20 or 30kV rated test lead wire in
half and the wire came through the air and attached itself to my
wrist.

One should NEVER take any chances with HV. Only a few idiots
try get killed on purpose, most of the time it is something really
weird or stupid (like operating a HV supply or PA without a cover)
that gets you.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com