[AMPS] Hand in pocket test

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Hand in pocket test
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:53:03 -0400
--=====================_1062495==_.ALT

I hope this is "tongue-in-cheek".

For the less experienced members reading the list, the following procedure
(posted below) is practically guaranteed to result in a payout by your life
insurance policy to your beneficiary.

The "hand in the pocket" rule assumes that your two hands are the only
possible points for electrical conduction. Keeping one hand in a pocket
removes one of the two conductors, therefore no current can flow.  Any body
that stands on a bare concrete floor while working on electrical appliances
should consider taking up another hobby.

Phil

At 01:07 AM 10/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>You ask if the "hand in pocket" rule has any basis ... there is an easy test.
>
>1. put one hand in your pocket
>2. stand on the concrete floor and reach into the hv section of any amp
>3. if you got shocked the rule is bogus and we have all learned something
>4. if you didnt get shocked, try the test again.
>
>Ron KH6DV

--=====================_1062495==_.ALT

I hope this is &quot;tongue-in-cheek&quot;.<br>
For the less experienced members reading the list, the following
procedure (posted below) is practically guaranteed to result in a payout
by your life insurance policy to your beneficiary.<br>
The &quot;hand in the pocket&quot; rule assumes that your two hands are
the only possible points for electrical conduction. Keeping one hand in a
pocket removes one of the two conductors, therefore no current can
flow.&nbsp; Any body that stands on a bare concrete floor while working
on electrical appliances should consider taking up another hobby.<br>
Phil<br>
At 01:07 AM 10/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:<br>
if the &quot;hand in pocket&quot; rule has any basis ... there is an easy
test. <br>
1. put one hand in your pocket <br>
2. stand on the concrete floor and reach into the hv section of any amp
3. if you got shocked the rule is bogus and we have all learned something
4. if you didnt get shocked, try the test again. <br>
Ron KH6DV <br>