[AMPS] HV warning

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV warning
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:20:35 +0100
Todd said:

>NEVER , EVER work around high voltage after you have had even ONE beer.

That's a rule that I follow now, but interestingly, back in the '60s, we often
went for a beer or two at lunchtime, and back to work in the afternoon - on high
power tx's (30kW and up). Even when testing transformers, a pub lunch wasn't
unknown, when transformers  were tested open on the bench, with voltages up to
10kV at a few hundred mA.

We have a different culture these days, although thinking back, there weren't
any accidents caused by HV. Long hair in machines, slipping on oily floors and
so on. Interesting.

73

Peter G3RZP