[AMPS] Choke input PS question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Choke input PS question
From: kd5izi_tech@yahoo.com (Randall DuCharme)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:43:45 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting,

And here I thought that the primary reason many modern
amplifiers lacked heavy chokes was to save weight,
space, and cost. :-)  Something like this would have
never occured to me.  It's surely not mentioned in any
of the (albeit meager supply) literature I have on
hand.

What would be the symptom(s) of this problem?  What
would it look like on a scope?  Ringing??

Resonant-choke filter?  I'm not 100% sure I understand
what you mean.... but I'm guessing that you're meaning
resonance with respect to the ripple??  Would you be
willing to elaborate a little bit please?

Many thanks.

RD