[AMPS] Power problems on 10/15 Meters HF2500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Power problems on 10/15 Meters HF2500
From: N7TR@rnodx.org (Rich Hallman - N7TR)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:10:11 -0800
I just noticed that on 10 and 15 meters there is a slow build from a few
hundred watts to the full 1500 watts when I begin to transmit. On CW the
first few characters are low in power then build.  15 meters seems to take a
second or so, and 10 meters seems to be a bit worse.

20-160 meters is full power out  with no problems.  I have also tried
another rig with the same results.

Could this be an indication of bad 3cx800's?  This is a Commander HF-2500.

Thanks...
Rich

Rich Hallman - N7TR
Reno, Nevada