[AMPS] another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:42:55 -0800
There is little doubt that operating high-powered amateur amplifiers
directly and negatively impacts its users' health, e.g.:

-I have dropped a 170 lb amplifier on my foot, and although did not break
anything, it hurt like hell for a very long time;

-I had a herniated disk once, due at least in part to my repeatedly lifting
the amplifier discussed above;

-Not to mention the time I reached inside my 4-1000A amp to see if a
particular component was running hot, and you can guess the rest;

-Examples abound.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger