[AMPS] another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 03:03:12 -0800

>A number of years ago, one of the local counties was considering an amateur
>radio tower ordinance.  It probably would have sailed through smoothly, but
>one ham in particular annoyed his neighbors and they "rallied the troops" to
>attempt to defeat it.
>
>When the neighbor spoke, she noted that radio frequencies caused real
>physical changes to the body.  She cited that all of the radio engineers had
>white hair.  Amused, I looked around the room and sure enough, she was
>right.  I guess it was not relevant that these engineers were 60 and 70
>years old.
>
>During her testimony, she almost hyperventilated due to her fear of the
>radiation.  I spoke briefly and pointed out that if radiation was indeed
>serious, then putting the antenna in the air would decrease the effects.
>After a few hours of testimony, there was a break.  The woman bolted outside
>and immediately got her cell phone out and lit up a cigarette.
>
>Remembering that testimony, I have noted  that more and more of my ham
>friends are getting white hair.

//  Excellent, chortles Colin.  Thanks,
-  Sulphur Mountain overlooks the posh Ojai Valley in Ventura County,
California where a number of Hollywood "stars" have homes.  The FAA
decided to build a radar site on Sulphur Mountain.  When the building and
the radar antenna dome were visable from the Ojai Valley, trouble loomed
on the horizon.  There were newspaper and radio talk-show accounts of
loved ones coming down with cancer and other life-threatening maladies.
Public safety hearings were held.  There was much angst and kvetching.
People were undoubtedly pretty pissed.   However, the FAA had not yet
installed the radar transmitter.

cheers

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end