[AMPS] another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:33:06 -0800
When I installed a 70 foot tower at a new home I had just purchased, but
prior to moving into the home, I thought leaving the tower there with no
antennas, feedlines or station would get the neighborhood ready...

...when I moved in about a month later, the neighbor lady from across the
street immediately came to complain that since I erected the tower, her
refrigerator didn't work properly.  Rather than argue, I said I'd gladly
look into it, and sure enough, her fridge was stuck in the defrost mode and
was warm (heater always on, not letting the compressor kick in).  I found
the little contactor in line with the defroster and flicked it with my
finger.  That nudged it open, the defroster shut off and the compressor came
on.  20 minutes later, the fridge was getting cold enough for an 807.

She thanked me for helping, but noted that my tower had obviously done the
damage, and demanded to know what I was going to do about that.  I replied,
"I'll be putting antennas on it.  If you keep quiet, I'll leave your
refrigerator alone."

I never heard from her again.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger