[AMPS] Thunderbolt questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Thunderbolt questions
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:40:58 -0800
Rich, the EFJ T-bolt (2 x 4-400's) is grid-driven and set up for only about
20W drive to run 1kW DC input.  If the HV is increased much above 2200V, the
filter cap will definitely require replacement, I'm reasonably sure it's
only a 2500V cap, and the original was oil-filled with lots of nasty stuff,
circa 1958 or so...

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger