[AMPS] SB200 Filament Voltage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB200 Filament Voltage
From: KG6DV@cs.com (KG6DV@cs.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 06:51:37 EST

--part1_f9.12347914.291a7a49_boundary

I found a very clean SB200 I couldnt resist.  While checking this amp out I
found an interesting situation, High filament voltage.  The SB200 has no
separate filament transformer. It uses one transformer with three secondary
windings. I have always put filament variacs in all my homebrew amps but they
all had separate filament transformers.  The filament voltage on this amp
measures 7.25 volts vs the 6.3 volts required by the 572B'S.  Considering
the fact that this about 15% higher than specs, Im not comfortable leaving it
that way.  Is this a common problem with the SB200'S ?
Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Ron  KH6DV

--part1_f9.12347914.291a7a49_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I found a very clean SB200 I
couldnt resist. &nbsp;While checking this amp out I found an interesting
situation, High filament voltage. &nbsp;The SB200 has no separate filament
transformer. It uses one transformer with three secondary windings. I have
always put filament variacs in all my homebrew amps but they all had separate
filament transformers. &nbsp;The filament voltage on this amp measures 7.25
volts vs the 6.3 volts required by the 572B'S. &nbsp;Considering &nbsp;the fact
that this about 15% higher than specs, Im not comfortable leaving it that way.
&nbsp;Is this a common problem with the SB200'S ?
<BR>Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
<BR>
<BR>Ron &nbsp;KH6DV
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_f9.12347914.291a7a49_boundary--