[AMPS] SB200 Filament Voltage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB200 Filament Voltage
From: carlseye@tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:35:12 -0500
I got around that fil. v problem, maybe the hard way, but I built a
buck/boost power unit for the input line, complete with a voltmeter. I set
it up, measured the fil volts and set the unit to give me exactly what I
wanted and let it go at that. I lose a little in the hi-voltage end, but If
you figure it out percentage wise the power loss isn't enough to worry about
it!! Seems to work quite well..
  carl / kz5ca    p.s. I hadn't thought about the galvanized wire bit. I'll
look into that one. thanks!