[AMPS] Another Stupid Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Another Stupid Question
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:22:27 -0800

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:38:16 -0500 "jstrohm@texas.net"
<jstrohm@texas.net> writes:

> What determines the capacitance value for a plate-blocking
> capacitor?  By this I mean the capacitor (usually a doorknob cap)
> between the plate choke and anode connection, and the start of the
> tank circuit / pi network.
>
> Jim N6OTQ

Hi Jim,
   I think you'll find that if you do all the math that, for a typical
loaded Q of 10-12 in the Pi-net, the coupling cap value should be 4X the
value of the plate capacitor at the lowest frequency of operation.

   Of course, what's right there in the junkbox may take priority.  :-)

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!