[AMPS] AL1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL1500
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:02:18 -0500
By comparison, my PA70-V uses the same darlington EBS circuit to the cathode,
but Q2 does not exist as this was a feature
"enhancement" in the PA-77 which later replaced the PA70 series.  Instead, a
1/4-amp grid fuse is placed in series with the 8.2 V
zener diode to the tube's cathode.

Now, to Rich's point (I believe)...the fuse may in fact blow faster in this
arrangement than in the case of the PA-77 where a
sampled switching transistor operates a relay to force a standby condition.
The relay uses no special acceleration circuit.  So, it
would be an interesting test to measure the "break" time of the fuse versus a
transistor/relay combination.

73,

-Paul, W9AC