[AMPS] Chassis for HB Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Chassis for HB Amps
From: Arne Gjerning" <gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 06:33:43 -0700
I have a start on pr of 3-500Z and use a BUD 15Dx17Wx4H ($61.00) for lower
section and a BUD 15Dx17wx6H ($86.00) for upper section. All this goes
behind a 10.5 inch high 19" high rack panel.  Prices were from a 1995 NEWARK
catalog, bit pricy to say the least. (I have had these chassis for a long
time). It is possible to buy 15x17 plates from BUD also for bottom/top
covers, but suggest hardware store.

Just a possiblilty or use flat sheets of aluminum and some angle and bolt it
together.

Prices these days really hurt the budget and its hard to find what you need
in many cases in small qty.

Good luck with the project.

73 de Arne N7KA

BTW, I now get lucky at work and can get scrap pieces of al in many
thickness and have it cut to size.