[AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (rich)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:37:46 -0800

>rich wrote:
>>The only person who used cheapie zeners is the one who sells
>>sophisticated screen regulator boards.
>
>I am the only person in the world  who sells such boards. If you have a
>specific accusation, then put up or back down.

-  Bargain-price/cheapie/fallout zeners diodes are basically units that
fail to pass the manufacturer's final test.  I was given a box of them
which was marked "semiconductor scrap".  Some were usuable.  Some were
not.  None were first class.
-  The (your?) reported IMD difference between using a precision shunt
screen regulator and a zener-string regulatior was too vast to be true
with quality semiconductors.

cheers, Ian

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end