[AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (rich)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:37:48 -0800

>Ian said:
>
>>It relied very much on all the supplies
>>(including G1) varying in proportion to one another... though exactly
>>what that guaranteed in terms of linearity, I'm not quite sure.
>
>My understanding is that when you let grid and screen both float, you get
>better
>constancy of the zero signal current. That's as compared with letting one
>float
>and one be stabilised. I prefer the 'stabilise both' approach.

-  In Class AB1, regulated grid bias V is seeningly not an advantage
since there is zero current flow.
 For a tetrode, if the anode V increases, ZSAC increases.  If the
increase was due to a rise in mains-V, --  and the mains also powers the
grid bias supply, the increase in ZSAC is somewhat countered by an
increase in -V to the grid.  Thus, in this case, an unregulated grid bias
supply would provide a miniscule advantage.

cheers, Peter

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end