[Amps] al-1200 question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] al-1200 question
From: R_Davis" <WD8JJA@arrl.net (R_Davis)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:14:33 -0500
Here is something to ponder.  Doubling your transmit power nets you 3 dB
gain on transmit.  Improving your antenna by 3 dB, whether by improving the
gain or reducing loss, nets you 3 dB on transmit AND RECEIVE !

This is why I prefer to run a 600 - 800 watt linear that cost $300, and the
$700 or $1000 or $????.?? difference that I would have spent to get 1500
watts is left to improve the antenna system.

(Of course, those with rich wives should do both. )

73's Steve,
Rick, WD8JJA.