[AMPS] Alpha 374 bias

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 374 bias
From: hahn@emeraldis.com (Barbara)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:52:34 -0500
Well, when the amp is not being transmitted on ; just idling. 125 ma is
correct. This sounds like too much idling current to me. And the tubes
get pretty warm as I can tell from heat coming out of exhaust port. I
can stop heat and current by switching either switch to stand by or to
cw/tune. The current goes to zero; grid and plate . Turn switch to
operate and grid current comes back and plate current also. I am not
transmitting at any time. The manual says that 15 ma grid current in the
SSB mode while idling is to stop switching noise? Anyway, I have been
working on control board and found a few problems and it seems I have
another. I am considering buying a good control board  for same amp.