[Amps] A, B & C batteries

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] A, B & C batteries
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:11:45 -0800
A batteries were the heater voltage for common early
DC radios. I can remember playing with 1.5 A dry cells
(the large tall ones) when I was younger.
-
B Batteries are still made that  output 90 volts.  They can
still be found in some older test equipment. Other
voltage B batteries are/were made.
-
C batteries were also of a similar format.
-
Other weird batteries were the 22.5 volt unit which is
near the size of a common 9 volt battery with connections
on each end of the cell.
-
I have an older book here just on batteries...  a book
of many pages.  Most are no longer available and the
text is old enough to not have newer coin and calculator
types included.
-
Your results will probably vary
skipp
-

> What is the origin of the B+ term in amp/radio/power supply
> terminology. I

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.