[Amps] A, B & C batteries

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] A, B & C batteries
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:16:50 -0600
> Other weird batteries were the 22.5 volt unit which is
> near the size of a common 9 volt battery with connections
> on each end of the cell.

In the days of AM, the Elmac line of mobile transmitters and
receivers were very popular. The AF-67 "Trans-citer" was
widely used as a mobile transmitter, and could be brought
into the shack to use as an exciter for an amp, and as a speech
amp for a big modulator. The AF-67 has one of these 22.5 volt
batteries inside. I think it is in the modulator circuit. These things
last for years.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC