[Amps] HV Voltmeters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HV Voltmeters
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:28:57 +0000
On Monday 25 March 2002 13:07, Wlfuqu00@uky.edu wrote:
> Yes, there are special resistors rated for high voltage use,  however they
> are very expensive and you usually have to meet the minimum line item price
> requirement when you place an order.
> 73
> Bill wa4lav
Philips (now known as BC Components) have VR25 and VR37 families of
resistors, rated at .25W, 1600V dc and .5W, 3500V dc respectively. Values in
the Farnell (links with Newark in US) catalogue I have go from 1M2 to 10M,
but an old Philips reference book lists vlaues 100k to 22M and higher,
depending on range. It also lists a VR68 range with 1W dissipation and 9.4kV
rating.

Steve