[Amps] IMD vs. Vcc

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] IMD vs. Vcc
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:54:08 -0800
I had  reports that my TS-440S was not as clean as my old TS-830S, so I
decided to try and do something about it.  Since most IMD occurs when the
transistor is at maximum peak collector current - when Vc is close to its
minimum, I figured that giving the transistors more "head-room" might
help.  The 440 is speced at 12v to 16v, so I increased Vcc to 16v and got
on the air.  Several friends reported that the IMD was reduced with 16
volts.  [note - the electrolytic caps in the 440 are rated at 16wv and
the output transistors are rated at 18VDC of Vcc]

cheerz

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end